Saturday, February 25, 2012

{20 weeks} we made it halfway!

We made it to half way through the pregnancy! 20 weeks - 5 months - woo hoo! Here I am at buy buy Baby last week (on my Wednesday off) to register for baby stuff - boy was it overwhelming! We have no clue what we need, we just scanned a bunch of stuff we liked and hope for the best. I think we still have some work to do online to get the registry in better shape, but overall it was fun to think about using all this stuff with baby boy McFarland. 

Most popular question - "Do you have a name picked out?" Blake is the name we are "tossing around" now - people have seemed to catch on pretty quick that this will probably be our son's name and to be honest, most people seem to really like it! Richard & I both really like it and we don't seem to agree on any other boy names! I like Benjamin, William and Dylan but none of those really seem to be as good as Blake to both of us - so by default...I think we might have found our name! I love how it's short,  there are no nicknames that you can shorten it to and it sounds like a strong boy's name. Also, we don't personally know any Blake's in our lives right now - so I like that too! It's so funny because one night my sister threw this name out as a possibility and I waited to see what Richard would say because I didn't think he would like it and he goes "I like that" - I was shocked! So kudos to Corey for tossing this name out there after so many other names she tossed out and we went "no, I don't like that" :) Good times!

Nancy, Junior & Kalysta went with us to the buy buy Baby in Deerfield to watch Richard & I try to figure everything out - what an event! This very nice guy helped us with a lot of the different categories but by a certain point I was like "Ok, I can't focus anymore" - whew! Here are Richard & I at the end of registering - everyone was so helpful and I love it that you can use 20% Bed Bath & Beyond coupons at buy buy Baby so that makes it really nice! We also registered at Babies R Us too in Florence the other night but we just did that on a whim and didn't get any pictures! HA!

I printed a picture from Leah Robbins that she took at our gender reveal and put it in the frame that everyone signed at the party - I love how it turned out & can't wait to hang it in baby McFarland's room! I had a hard time deciding between this picture and the one where everyone is looking but I just love the expressions and excitement on everyone's face - this is why I was so happy to have Leah at the party - she captured such great memories that I will cherish forever!

I was reading Leah Robbin's blog today and she answered some fun questions so I thought I'd do something similar - changing out questions I don't want to answer with those that I do (HA!)



How far along?  20 weeks
Maternity clothes? Yep - all the time pretty much - love my clothes from Motherhood Maternity and my most recent present from Ryann that's in the first picture above because it's so fun and makes me feel sassy! :) 
Movement: Nope, no movement yet - I still get pains every now and then but the doctor said it was because I have anterior placenta which essentially is providing a cushion between me & baby so I can't really feel a whole lot just yet. Every now and then I think I might feel something but it's so short lived I just move on. 
Food cravings: Fruit most of all - but nothing really...I'm sort of hungry sometimes but not most of the time and I can't eat that much - not sure why, just not really in the mood. Cereal sounds good all the time. My digestive system isn't working at 100% so hopefully that gets better soon. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Mexican - I must stay away from Mexican places and food - just nothing sounds good at all (which is shocking because pre-pregnancy I would've eaten Mexican almost every day!)
Have you started to show yet: Finally! I started to pop more in the last week or two and every day now I wake up I feel like I'm a bit bigger. I still don't feel very big but I'm certainly bigger than I was a couple of weeks ago - now people at work have started to really notice!
Gender: BOY!!
Belly Button in or out? In.
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Somewhere in between - I'm truly excited that I'm getting to experience all of this but I'm not as crazy excited as I thought I'd be...I think it just has to do with trying to focus on not feeling like I'm going to throw up, or the pains in my stomach, or just being so dang tired....I am tired all of the time, and could probably sleep anytime at all so that just takes some getting used to. But overall, extremely excited to meet baby McFarland and just can't wait to see how our lives change. 
Most scared about: How this baby is going to come out - and how everything is going to happen at the end - it seems pretty easy right now - I just live my life and go about my day and carry little baby around with me - but once we get closer I have tons of questions and things that run through my head - will I need a c-section? Will he be facing the right way? Will I get hurt at all in the process? How will my relationship with Richard change after the baby comes? How hard is it going to be to breastfeed? Even though I have faith that it will all work out in the end - it's just stuff like that that floats around from time to time to freak me out! 
Any other news on the pregnancy front? I talked with my HR rep at work and I don't qualify for FMLA because I haven't been there a year - so I will use my sick/vacation accrued time and then take a few weeks off not paid - so I'm  planning on taking 12 weeks and then hopefully go back to 30 hours per week...everyone at work is so flexible and awesome about the entire process - they're like "We'll figure it out - just tell us what you need and what you'd like to do" - I truly couldn't as for a more supportive job that allows me to be so flexible and work everything around what works for Richard, me & the baby!
What's Richard been up to? Richard this past week painted some of the trim white in the baby's room (I stupidly painted it cream the last time we painted) - the rest of the room is going to stay the green color because we picked out baby animals for the theme of the room - but he's been doing that, installing new lights in the kitchen and getting ready to do the baseboards of the room next! Richard also had Danny (our neighbor) come over and help him set-up the baby cam so we've been watching Sally on the camera for now - she's not such a fan and we realized she doesn't lay in her bed as much as we thought! He's so helpful - can't wait till I can take pictures of him trying to set-up all of the baby's stuff!

No comments: