Wednesday, June 20, 2012

{35+36 weeks & 2 showers}

To be honest, I'm at a point where I don't have much energy so I'm just putting out a bunch of pictures to remember the 35/36 weeks...

At my 26 week check-up I sent this to my close family/friends:

Doctors appointment went well today-I'm measuring the same as last time (a half centimeter smaller this time actually) and I lost 3 pounds :)

Doctor said I'm dialated 1-2 centimeters and baby's head isn't locked in place...cervix looks better than average (you can't hear that enough, right? Ha!)
We have an appt next Friday to get an ultrasound and checked again-they didn't schedule an ultrasound today unfortunately) and she guesses he will be in the low 8 pound range if she had to guess :)



Some of the highlights:
Crystal, Caleb & I went to Columbus to visit Corey & Jimmie
Lots more belly shots since it's so big now! I also did a few collages of 6/7/8/8 months!
LaRosas to meet grandma & grandpa for lunch on one of my days off - Richard/I went belly to belly which just makes me laugh
We also did a belly cast of me which was just a hoot!
Corey & Jimmie & I went after dinner one night to visit Sno Castle in Latonia while Richard was working
My good friend Lynn adopted a baby and we could not be more thrilled for them!
Aunt Debbie was in town to support Marthe so we had dinner at the Olive Garden with Brian, Suzie, Nathan & Marthe
My family had a shower for me & the baby which was so much fun!
Richard's family did a shower for us and it was so much fun too!
The Boyle's came down for dinner at Red Robin and dessert at Orange Leaf - always great to spend time with those 3!
These aren't necessarily in chronological order, but that's ok - you get the idea!

As you can see, I'm getting quite a bit bigger and quite a bit more uncomfortable. I'm swelling quite a bit these days and I'm ready to meet our little boy. I can't believe it's been over 9 months that we've had this baby in my belly and I truly feel blessed to have been able to carry my own child and see what a baby that is me & Richard look like...it's what I've always dreamed of and I can't wait to see what this little guy does to our lives and be parents together. We are in such a great place in our lives & I just can't wait to share the rest of my life with him too! 

Tonight (6/20) as I type this...is the first time I think I've felt true contractions - it's like nothing I've ever felt before - they were about 10 minutes apart for about 40 minutes or so...then decreased and now I don't feel anything...I've been contracting since May...but only just now started feeling them. I know it's getting to be time...my little ticker only says 2 weeks and 5 days left...looking forward to our ultrasound appointment on Friday to see how he's doing and see how I'm doing. Little nervous how everything is going to happen but I know it will all be worth it in the end - positive thinking & eye on the prize! 






He was so serious - he didn't want to mess it up! :) 



6 / 7 / 8 / 9 months - getting bigger all the time!!













1 comment:

Mrs. Bowman said...

great post! Keep those contractions coming!