Saturday, June 11, 2011

my 31 family

I signed up for Thirty-One Gifts as a consultant in May of 2010. My director, Tiff Wellinghoff used to work with me at BASES and I was good friends with her cousin April. I knew she sold 31 through facebook, so I contacted her on there to ask questions / right away she wrote back that she'd love to meet with me & answer any questions that I may have about the business/being a consultant. I remember the day we met at Friday's on Fields Ertle to talk about everything - I was really excited after meeting with her!

I became interested in 31 after seeing a catalog at my sister-in-law Amanda's house and read the testimonials and thought "I can do this!" Richard was a little more skeptical than me, but he has always been supportive!

Because the hostess special in May was so awesome (double hostess rewards) I decided to host my kickoff in May and tell my friends/family about my business. I would not have imagined everyone would've been SO supportive & so excited about this new adventure for me. To be honest, I think if you would've asked me in May "How long do you think you will sell 31?" I might have said a year or so...I just didn't know if I could do it successfully & keep it going (esp while having a full time job, going through IVF etc.) Having 31 in my life has allowed me to meet so many wonderful people - and more than I ever would've imagined that are struggling with infertility themselves or know someone that is - that support has meant so much to me through this journey!

I've had awesome months, and I've had harder months - a lot of times I will decide the month prior that I don't want to do as many parties, so I'm the one actually backing off of it a bit - I could do a lot more if I didn't want to spend as much time with my family or I didn't have a full time job, but for the time being - I'm ok with just doing it on the side for fun! I never imagined my business would grow and continue to grow over the course of the past year - it's been amazing to watch my excitement grow and it's going to be higher than ever come July when I come back with the new fall/winter catalog!!

From being on Tiff's team I have met one of the sweetest people & someone who had become an incredible friend - Kelli. She & I have become buddies meeting before every Celebrate & Connect Meeting at King's Island and shared our live stories with each other! We motivate each other to keep going some months, or to try harder in something...and she's the first person I call when I think "Have you had this happen before?" More than likely she is able to help me! We were hoping to both be promoted to director by the time conference rolled around (because we both promoted last year to senior consultant) but I didn't quite make it this year - so she'll have to go without this year but I am beyond excited for how great her business is going...I can't wait to be cheering/yelling from the audience when she takes the stage as a director!!

This was our latest C&C meeting we had (and Tiff was about to give birth to baby Emily!) - Kelli was recognized for being a director so she's got the crown on :) Love these girls to pieces!!
 This was a random C&C meeting where we all had sweet teas (we try to pick Tiff up one but this time she had already bought one from McD's!)
 Here is Megan Hollar - always a hoot to talk to & see!
 Kelli & I got mini retro metro bags and they had beach balls at the Jan meeting - how fun!
 Tiff, Kelli & me at the meeting when we all had pink on (guess we all got the memo!) and our team had to work the welcome tables!
 Here is my 31 team - Jennifer, Jessica & Michelle - I am so proud of them & can't wait to see what the future holds for all of them & their business.
 Love Kelli - she came down to help me during  my Spring/Summer Kickoff (which was so successful!) and just her helping me take orders & calculate was wonderful! I helped her next but we totally forgot to get a picture!!


We went last weekend to meet baby Emily *and bring Tiff LOTS of sweet tea! It was so great to meet Emily & spend time with my "Thirty-One family"!

Looking forward to seeing what the next year of 31 holds - hopefully nothing but good things!! Thanks to everyone who has supported me/my business over the past year - I wouldn't be where I am today without each & every one of you!

No comments: