Thursday, June 2, 2011

Cincinnati Reds - Richard presented the colors!

I am very proud to be married to a fireman, and I love when Richard gets to do neat things in his career that are truly once in a lifetime opportunities! He called last week to let me know the Covington Honor Guard was asked to present the colors at the Cincinnati Reds night game. I was so excited for him (probably more than he was)! Since he didn't let them know right away that he could do it (he thought it was a day game and he worked at Edgewood 6-2) so we weren't actually sure he was going to be in it until yesterday afternoon!

The day before & the day of Richard was concerned with which tickets we should buy and I told him to just decide for us and he came up with an amazing deal from stubhub.com - $18.99 a piece for tickets right behind the dugout ($5 to download, $5 service fee to be fair) but when I got to the seats I couldn't believe how great they were - they were even padded! I walked across the Suspension Bridge from work (only took about 10-15 min) and found our seats. This was our view (and when you get there an hour early, it's much more comfy to have so much room!):


 This was my favorite picture of the night - love the American flag, how Richard doesn't even realize I'm taking a picture of him & how great of a picture my Canon takes!

This was as close as he got to the jumbo-tron! He got to hold the American flag, but it was in his face anytime the camera was on him - so cool to see!

Here they come - they did a great job and it was a great experience!

After Richard got changed, he got to enjoy the game in our wonderful seats (don't pay any attention to me - it was after a full day of work!) :)

Home run that would ultimately win the game - so excited for them to come back in the 8th to win!

All & all wonderful night at the Great American Ball Park! Glad I was able to go & get such a great spot to take pictures!

No comments: