Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Project Life Tuesday - Week 5 (actually on a Tuesday!)

 
If you were to ask me what kind of mood I'm in today I would say "sad", "defeated" and "worn out" - went to the doctor yesterday and my cyst is still there. I am going to wait 4 more weeks and go get another ultrasound - if it's still there, we'll need to do another laparoscopy (this would be my third one - first one was for my ruptured appendix, second was for my tubes being removed) - let's just say that's not my first choice...so I'm taking the "conservative approach" as Dr. Thomas calls it and trying to wait the cyst out. Thing is - I've had cysts before - all the time actually, and everytime we go to do my baseline ultrasound, it's gone...but they've never been this big before. Dr. Thomas actually said yesterday "It's almost the size of your uterus!" (which is ~3-4 inches!) - and it's IN my ovary...not on the outside, but INSIDE....come on! He said he would prefer it be on the outside, but it is what it is - he doesn't think it looks like it has something inside of it but he really can't tell why it's so big and why it won't go away. Richard asked yesterday why we don't just do surgery now, but needless to say - I'm hoping that surgery never happens. I don't want to go through the process again...I don't. Period. And it literally makes me cry just thinking about it...

On a more happy note - here are my pictures for this week -

Wednesday, Feb. 2nd - went over to the east side of Cincinnati to look at an MI model home - the "Torrey model" - it's the only place in the tri-state where there's a model (and one for sale) built - it was nice to see because it had a double staircase which we really liked - I think we realized it wasn't our "dream home" but it was good to see what we could afford to build right now & what we have to safe up for!
 
 


Sally got a new dog bed from home goods! She loves it and I'm glad we found her one just like that - she loves nuzzling her head into the side of it and cuddling up while we watch TV!




Friday night - Olive Garden with Stephanie - I love her so much & miss her like crazy. If you're wondering why the glasses it's because something was wrong with my contact and made my eyes go CRAZY! We got to catch up and just enjoy each others company - great night!



31 Open House at my place - it was so much fun & so great to see everyone! I love having things at my house & seeing so many of my friends in the same place - it's a lot of fun!

www.mythirtyone.com/ashleymcfarland31 if you want more info!!


Superbowl Sunday - Go Packers (honestly, I just wanted Pittsburg to lose - it could've been ANY other team playing in the Superbowl with them - we watched the entire game and it was a good game! Superbowl 45 - Christina messing up the national anthem, facebook lighting up when the Black Eyed Peas performed and the jedi VW commercial were a few of the memorable moments. In this picture you can also see that Sally got dad to give her a Frosty Paw (sucker!)

Monday - spent the day with mom but forgot to take a picture so we went To Logan's for dinner.

Tuesday - lunch with grandma, grandpa & mom - I do love the moments when I can just relax and be with family while I'm taking some time off work...it's harder than it sounds (believe me!)



 

No comments: