Thursday, April 28, 2011

Another day, Another doctor's appointment...

To recap the last few days:
  • Friday - sharp pain, lasted a few minutes, stomach felt MUCH better
  • Saturday - felt sick to my stomach after dinner
  • Sunday - stomach still didn't feel normal but better than Saturday
  • Monday - chest pains, hot flashes, stomach hurting more and more, finally called the doctor to leave a message for Dr. Thomas (as I wasn't sure what was wrong but wanted to make sure it wasn't serious)
  • Tuesday - finally schedule my appointment for Thursday morning, stomach doesn't hurt as bad as Monday
  • Wednesday - worst pain all week consistently throughout the day - was glad I made an appointment with the doctor
  • Today - went in for an 8:30 appointment with Dr. Thomas and he said everything looked fine but my cyst had become slightly bigger than last time - but everything from his side looked fine. He asked when our IVF dates were (I told him I start drugs on July 22) and he thought we were starting earlier. Either way, he said I would be fine to start IVF whenever I wanted - ovary might not perform as well on the left side - but that it should be fine. He isn't concerned.
ME on the other hand walked out of the appointment like "Whatever - they can't even help me. I'm in pain and I'm frustrated." Needless to say, the news that I did not want to hear was "Yep, cyst is still there - getting bigger" - but that's what I hear again. This seems like the exact same story as a few months ago because this is exactly what I felt like - I thought it would get better after the surgery, maybe the cutting up of some of the scar tissue would be good for me - but it turns out that Dr. Thomas thinks my cyst could just be pushing and tugging against my scar tissue. He implies that it's everywhere in my stomach - everywhere. He said he just can't believe how much scar tissue I have after a ruptured appendix. He did say he was seeing more patients recently that have had a ruptured appendix in their lives and it causes the same types of problems - well, guess it's good to know there are other people in my exact same boat cursing the doctor's that let me go home with my symptoms telling me I had the flu (if only I had said it was just on my right side...would that have made any difference in their diagnosis?), my surgeron for doing a not great job of my surgery and the countless hours I spent recovering from an operation that I'm still paying for today. I just looked up what an appendix does and this is what it says "Scientists are not sure what the appendix does, if anything" - lovely. Well, mine decided to burst and leave scar tissue over my entire stomach - that's what it does if it does rupture!

This week coming back to work has been crazy - very busy but great to see so many smiling faces smiling back at me! Everyone's enthusiasm in welcoming me back has been overwelming! I even got flowers from Richard on Monday (first day back) and I was shocked. They are still alive and kicking on my desk today & they are beautiful! I love looking at them - I love seeing them when I come back from meetings and it's just a nice touch on my cube! I put pictures up again (thanks Crystal for my cute "Friends" display frame) and everyone commented on that! I've been in such a great mood coming back & it's been great to get back in the swing of things.

Wednesday I went to an adoption meeting at work to just get information and ask questions to some fellow Nielsen people who have been through adoption - it was great information to get and even though we're a few steps away from that stage - it was good to get some information & hear the different experiences people have come across with the adoption process. Apparently adopting in KY has it's own challenges so we have to do some research on our state and what all goes into the adoption process here in the Commonwealth! Hopefully we'll meet monthly to discuss all things adoption - there's so much & it's good to get questions answered so quickly!! That's part of the great thing about working for such a big company - there's someone that's probably been through what you've been through & can answer questions!

Happy Friday Even to everyone out there - I'm looking forward to Friday & then this weekend going up to Columbus to visit my sister with Crystal & Caleb - I miss Corey, so it'll be good to touch base and hopefully get some shopping in sometime!

1 comment:

Amy said...

too bad it is a work night or this would definitely be a go get a beer kind of night again! sounds like this weekend will be a good though. hope you guys have a great time and also get to watch some royal wedding madness tomorrow! thinking of you guys!