Wednesday, May 4, 2011

i fell down the stairs

 May 3, 2011 - 7 AM in the McFarland house...I was getting ready for work, said something to Richard who had let the dog out and headed with an empty laundry basket down the stairs in my house shoes...5 seconds later, I fell down the last 4 steps and my left foot went back and scraped against the stairs causing me to go into what I call a tantrum of screaming and crying and just being in extreme pain! Richard came down to see what was going on (he later told me he couldn't tell if I was laughing or crying - that's how weird the noise sounded that was coming out of my body). I iced it, took ibprofin and elevated it sitting on the couch - waiting until 9AM when urgent care opened. I was the first patient but it still took about an hour - they said the xrays showed that all of my ligaments were still intact and everything looked ok - just a sprain up by where my toes are...when it was all said and done and this is what my foot looked like on day 1:


I didn't know what I was going to do or how I was even going to find a shoe that fit over all of this - so I am currently wearing slippers to work because they fit over this...best $5 black Friday purchase I ever made (and to think I almost didn't get them). When I got to work I was still in quite a bit of pain but having so much work today made me kind of forget about some of my pain! 

May 4, 2011 - Day 2 of my foot being sprained (Sally wanted to make a cameo) - I went to the chiropractor today and they did some electro stim on it - it felt ok and I did a good job icing and taking my meds and everything. At work I have a pretty cool set-up going on - it allows me to keep my foot up all day! This is right when I came home from work today and I took all the stuff off of it to let it breathe for a few minutes - more bruising here (and actually as I type this - it's quite a bit worse even now!) :( The swelling is up and the bruising in MUCH worse! I guess I should've expected that since I just watched Richard go through his ankle issues. I'm hoping that tomorrow it will feel even better (like it did today from yesterday) - and I'll keep doing what they tell me...supposed to keep up on it for 3 days - hopefully it won't be too bad. 


I still can't believe I fell down the stairs - oh well, that'll just make me slow down and hold onto the railing from now on - or at least FOCUS when I'm going down the stairs. And the answer to the question "How did you do that?" is "I have no idea!"

No comments: