Thursday, May 5, 2011

{happy 5 year anniversary}

5 years ago today I married my best friend - this was my facebook post today:

Happy Cinco de Mayo Everyone!! 5 years ago today I married the man of my dreams - Richard T McFarland - I am so lucky to have a man in my life who's my rock, my best friend, my support when I need it most and truly makes each year I'm married to him better & better. Thanks Richard for asking me to take your name and loving me unconditionally! I'm proud to call you my husband!

This picture below was one of my favorite wedding pictures (and my Uncle Mark took it!) :) I loved having the firetruck and I was so excited to be marrying Richard.




Things I remember about the day - waking up so excited, getting our hair done, taking pictures & getting ready, walking down the aisle with dad & back up it with Richard (both times were really fast!), our first kiss as husband & wife (and how the preacher mispronouced Richard's name several times) :) and a certain moment at the reception when I looked around and just felt so lucky to have so many friends & family there to support us. By the end of the night, I remember sitting down next to grandma and dad and saying "I'm ready to go - I'm done." Dad said "You're the bride, tell them to stop the music!" HA!

First dance song: Chris LeDoux's "Look at You Girl"
Father/Daughter Dance: Luther Vandross's "Dance with My Father"
Mother/Son Dance: Boyz II Men's "Mama"

Such great memories of our wedding day and I still love looking back at our wedding album - I actually just did a Shutterfly album for our wedding to match my sister's I did - I enjoyed putting it together! I can't believe I'm even more in love today with Richard than I was on our wedding day - we've talked about how each day gets better & it's so nice to have someone be so supportive and loving of anything & everything life has to throw at you!

Happy 5 years Richard!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice memories....love you more each day.....dad