Sunday, May 29, 2011

Happy 80th Birthday Grandpa

"I'm not sure how many more birthday's I'm going to make it to" is how Grandpa greeted us yesterday when we arrived at Mark & Dot's out in Versailles. Yep - after 80 years, he just isn't quite sure how much he has left in him (we always say "Grandpa don't say that"). I had called him on his actual birthday (May 24th) and then yesterday we celebrated as a family. It was great to see the family & grandpa was in really good spirits the whole day just smiling whenever I got my camera out!

He told a funny story from when he was little about how he got in trouble for jumping on his parent's bed (my granny and papa) in the Christmas pajamas he was going to get that coming Christmas...he laughed so hard, and Ruth said she remembered that Christmas morning he opened his pajamas and said "Don't worry, they fit!" :) That was the cutest story he told about being younger.

Here are some pictures from the day (the first one is true grandpa because he has a cig in his hand):






This picture is courtesy of dad's camera (his turned out a bit better than mine!)

I love this expression because he was so happy yesterday having the family together.

I'm going to enjoy grandpa as much as I can - I know he's getting old, and I don't know what I'll do when he's not here - I'm glad we got to spend the day together & enjoy his company...if only he would take off that IU hat every now and then (HA!) - he loves it so much!

No comments: