Monday, May 30, 2011

friends


I have been looking forward to Memorial Day for weeks now - Richard was going to be in the parade, and Crystal & Caleb were going to come down for lunch at the firehouse and then watch the parade on Hollman St. in Covington. When I woke up this morning (9:30 AM), I had a text from Richard that said he had been rolled to A1 (ambulance 1) and he wouldn't be in the parade...big bummer!

I called Crystal and told her I'd come up to her place and we could spend the day shopping/hanging out. It was such a fun day of just catching up on our lives (it's been weeks since we've actually had a chance to catch up on things) so it was good to just touch base and try to hash out all of life's ups & downs. We went to Jolly's (similar to the Root Beer Stand), DSW, Tri-County Mall, McDonalds (they gave us bad teas so we went back), Crystal's mom's, McDonald's again (because Flubbs was too crazy), Meijer and finally Pizza Hut to pick up our dinner - all in all, great day together!

We always say "friends are the family we choose for ourselves" and I have some of the best friends a girl could ask for...Crystal is one of those friends who is always there for me, understands there are times when I like to chat, and times when nothing at all says it all. We're both going through some rough patches these days - but the constant of her friendship makes a world of difference. She always gives an honest opinion - asks questions and gives comments when necessary but can also say "Yeah, that really sucks, I don't know how you deal with that" when it's necessary too - she just knows. I guess that's what happens when you have spent so much of your life being friends with someone - you just start to know what the other needs. When I woke up this morning, I just felt like we could both use a day together.

I hope Crystal knows how much her friendship means to me - I try to be as good of a friend as I can and I hope we will look back at this trying time in our lives and think "Wow, that seems like forever ago!" :) We've been friends now for about 10 or so years - it does feel like a lifetime ago that I met her playing Badin Bingo - looking forward to what the next 10 years holds!!

1 comment:

friend said...

I do know how much my friendship means. I feel the same way. No matter what happens you will be there to support me. Just always know there isn't anything I would do for you. I wish I could do more to help with you IVF but I am here however you need me. I love you friend. You are truly the best.