Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Project Life Tuesday - Week 3



So I skipped week 2 because I just didn't feel like doing it last week (no excuses here!) - sometimes I feel like blogging and typing what I'm thinking and other times I think "Who wants to read what I have to say?" My mom told me that she thought this Project Life (that's what my kit is called that I bought) but I like to call it my "365 project" sounds like a lot of work - and while it is a lot of work, I find it really enjoyable and I know I'm going to love the end result. I love looking back at my 2009 365 project and I'm actually a little bummed I took last year off. That being said, I think I'm more excited for this year because I took a year off last year. Sometimes you just don't feel like taking a picture EVERY day...though I would say I average WAY more than 365 pictures taken in a year (who am I kidding, it's probably thousands!), some days you just aren't in the mood (insert pictures of flowers, the dog doing nothing, my refrig etc.) :) You'll see as we go through this year - sometimes it was hard picking a picture of the day and other times it was not!

The 3 main reasons I do the 365 project:
  • It forces me to get creative with my photography - it forces me to think ahead in the day and think about what might be the picture of the day and being entertained by what the picture actually turns out to be!
  • One day when I have kids, I want to be able to show them tons of pictures of what their mom & dad did for fun before they were here - I know kids are going to change our lives (in a good way!) but I also want to remember this amazing years where it was just me & Richard, and now just me, Richard & Sally...there's going to be less of these and more of "kid" years when I look back I bet so I like showcasing my life right now!
  • I love following blogs that do this and I love being able to look back on the entire year and know what I did every single day of that year. I've heard many people say "I wouldn't want to know what I did on every day" - I simply disagree with that!
With all that said - here are the last week's worth of "pictures of the day" for your viewing pleasure. (I'm picking & choosing some of my favorites along the way!)

Sunday, January 16th - Richard has us doing Insanity (similar to P90X but you don't use anything but your own body). It's very hard, wears you out and makes me laugh from time to time. I also sometimes have to say "I can't do that yet" - Richard is much better at it than me - this was my first day doing it with him and he said "Put the camera down and get over here and do it!" :) Sally likes to get in the way / get in your face while you do it - she doesn't really understand what's going on!


Monday - Jan 17th (day off work) - Happy Birthday to Grandma! Richard & I went out to Versailles to visit with grandma & grandpa, eat at The Grubb Company (I googled it and tripadvisor said it was #1 of 1 restaurant in Osgood!) It's a one stop light kind of town - has the famous "Damm Theater", grandma's church, a car lot, a Hallmark and that's about it. We also went to downtown Versailles to see where grandma & grandpa have their burial plots (I know, grandpa LOVES talking about it...kind of morbid!) He also showed us the covered bridge in the park and where the new Gold Star Chili was going! All in all it was a great day in Versailles - Richard & I stopped on the way home at Lowes & Kroger in Laurenceburg and headed home.


Tuesday - Jan 18th - I know I said when I take pictures of flowers, it's usually I don't want to take a picture -but this one is different. Every year, my flower that Richard's mom gave me (that she, Amanda & Grandma Moore all have too) - blooms in the winter - I wait and wait and wait and usually in January it blooms...it finally did so I got my big camera out to take a good picture of them! I get so excited when they bloom - it's like a reminder of fresh beginnings and good times ahead. Right now there are 3 stalks of flowers with about 3-4 blooms each - it doesn't last long so you have to enjoy the couple of weeks where they bloom! Nancy likes to tell me our great great grandma is talking to us in heaven! :) I think it's cute! Also, today was a jury duty day so I didn't do much besides go to jury duty & come home and login to work...I didn't think much of that required a picture!


Wednesday - Jan 19 - Richard & I went to the travel, sports & boat show at the Duke Energy Center (as dad said - we like going to things down there) - it's an excuse for Richard to eat at Rockbottom on the square and it gives us things to dream about (owning a boat, traveling more etc.) It was a fun time - this is Richard and one of his boats that he liked!


Thursday - Jan 20th - Today the city shut down because of a little snow. I worked from home and Richard used the snowblower. He broke a belt on the snowblower and was a little a lot frustrated! We went to Sears on the way to mom/dad's to do their driveway and eat dinner - he got a new belt but it took him so long to fix it and then he broke that one...it was a long night for Richard & the snowblower!!


Friday - Jan 21 - Last day of work for awhile. It was a weird day - weird walking into work knowning that I wouldn't be there for a few months, and it was a busy day of meetings. A few of us went to lunch at Brio and it was really nice just talking with everyone - I'm going to miss everyone I work with!!


Saturday - Jan 22 - I had lunch at Red Robin in Deerfield with Tiff & Kelli (from 31) and then we went to the Boyles for dinner. Abigail LOVES her ball - this is one of my favorite pictures of her (I also like the one of her flipping off the camera when she was very young) but this one is probably a close second!) Melanie posted a pic on facebook the other day of her wearing her NYC onesie which was really cute - oh who am I kidding? she's just a really cute kid!! She's still warming up to Richard & me - when we first got there, she seemed very frustrated we were there (crying, real tears and all!) but eventually she warmed up and we even played a little bit together with her house & blocks. I think she loves the ball the best right now because Rob's been teaching her how to play with it! We love hanging out with the Boyles and are very excited to see what the future holds - we're thinking a rafting trip in the spring/summer!


Monday - Jan 24 - First day off work and it was a long day! I had a doctor's appointment at 2 (cyst is still there so I have to go back in 2 weeks), IKEA with Nancy and then my 31 Celebrate & Connect Meeting! This picture is Kelli & I (who met at Chik Fil A for dinner) with the beach ball from our table (That smelled up the room like plastic!) and our favors for the night - I love seeing my 31 girls!!


It was a great week and some - looking forward to relaxing a bit more in the coming weeks (so hopefully the pictures will be just as fun!)

No comments: